CFG Save/Delete/Load safety features.

ENHANCE YOUR GAMEPLAY
Register to become part of Onetap today!
Register Login

Should this be added?

• Total voters

BLEP

I've done it many times and I know others have done it many times as well, where you edit a config and accidentally override another config or instead of loading, you save over a config with blank settings. It'd be nice if there was an option within the menu somewhere that'd help prevent this such as one of those REALLY REALLY annoying "are you sure" boxes when trying to save a config (though this is a purely optional setting so it's not forced upon those who don't want it).

It's not really necessary but it could be a nice quality of life improvement for those of us who are dumb and override configs by accident.

Potentially another way of doing it is a check to see if the config loaded is the same one being saved over if so it saves automatically but if overriding a different config it asks "are you sure" to prevent accidentally fucking up your configs which you've worked hard on building.

trickykaden

I've done it many times and I know others have done it many times as well, where you edit a config and accidentally override another config or instead of loading, you save over a config with blank settings. It'd be nice if there was an option within the menu somewhere that'd help prevent this such as one of those REALLY REALLY annoying "are you sure" boxes when trying to save a config (though this is a purely optional setting so it's not forced upon those who don't want it).

It's not really necessary but it could be a nice quality of life improvement for those of us who are dumb and override configs by accident.

Potentially another way of doing it is a check to see if the config loaded is the same one being saved over if so it saves automatically but if overriding a different config it asks "are you sure" to prevent accidentally fucking up your configs which you've worked hard on building.
I mean, I've only done this like 3 times in a year so. Just backup your config. That's what I do.

Reactions: idkk

BLEP

I mean, I've only done this like 3 times in a year so. Just backup your config. That's what I do.

I usually do I fucked a config two days ago and I hadn't done a backup of it yet like a dumbass so yeah it made me think of this. It's not a huge issue but it could be nice to exist just for those times where you are dumb and haven't backed anything up.

authentication

Early adopter
solution, dont make 6516515616 configs and stick to three max.
my ot folder:
gZ01u1J.png

Shifto

Subscriber
Early adopter
if you have such an issue with this, why not keep one as a backup and literally take 3more seconds to see what you are doing?

idkk

Exactly! i always copy my config files from my folder and paste into a folder in my desktop just in case I ever accidentally override it. Best solution. I advise everyone to do this! :)