Why can't I use a prepaid card to buy my sub anymore?

ENHANCE YOUR GAMEPLAY
Register to become part of Onetap today!
Register Login

joh

I used to buy my sub(s) with prepaids simply because that's how I get paid for work around the house and I went to use Stripe and it said "This card is not supported" even though it works with other sites. Any clues asto why this is happening?

I know I could buy it through a reseller with PayPal or something but i'd really rather not because I just cant be asked.

HorheMorhe

I used to buy my sub(s) with prepaids simply because that's how I get paid for work around the house and I went to use Stripe and it said "This card is not supported" even though it works with other sites. Any clues asto why this is happening?

I know I could buy it through a reseller with PayPal or something but i'd really rather not because I just cant be asked.
So if stripe say that this card is not supported then this card is not supported. +You can always buy your sub from resseler.

joh

What was the prepaid card visa or MasterCard?
was a visa, always have been using visa. never happened before, pretty sure I bought my other subs via stripe with a visa gift card and no problems. or I could be confused idk

HACKNICIAN

Hmmm no idea maybe try again. I have already used the same provider and it worked. But that was a month ago. :(

Let us know how you go...

joh

Hmmm no idea maybe try again. I have already used the same provider and it worked. But that was a month ago.

Let us know how you go...
I'm thinking it could just be the card itself because i've used mastercard & visa and it took both no problem. Will update if I find anything.

qswain

You can use a prepaid card because I bought the subscription using one, you can try again but if it doesn't work you can contact the company from which you have it. (paypal / skrill / powercash)
Or try to check if you have the money to buy the subscription (€23.80 europa)

idetects

Add the card to a paypal account and pay through a reseller.

joh

On a personal note if you're being paid with prepaid visa cards, you should probably look into getting a different job.
Read, it's around the house. I have a normal job but i'd rather spend that money on bills than gaming skill enhancement software.